Sunday, October 29, 2006

Overly Long Evenings can be Rewarding

So tonight I had the incredible honor of attending the Manitoba Baseball Association annual awards banquet. I was nominated for Grassroots Coach of the Year. Coaching is a huge passion of mine - I simply love working with kids and love being involved in competitive sports and so the two mix quite nicely into coaching. I had the awesome opportunity of head coaching baseball in Rosenort this summer (it's my third year doing it). I coached at the Bantam level (ages 14-15). Anyways, I guess the year was a huge success as we ended up winning league playoffs, regional finals, as well as eventually the Provincials. Anyways, as a result I got nominated for this award and was at an overly lengthy awards ceremony this evening. Anyways, the good news - I Won! I'm pretty excited - it was such a fun year to begin with and now this. So anyways, here's a picture of me. I was there all by my lonesome so I had to take a picture of myself. Oh well, I got to meet some guys from Cardale (I think).



Meet Nicholas. My brother and star ace pitcher on our team (and master utility player). His hair is so cute.



By the way I reccomend two CD's to all of you:
Jars of Clay - Good Monsters - Brilliant CD from the Jars - a nice new spin on their trademark sound with a mix of fun and thought-provoking songs.

Chris Tomlin - See The Morning - Really awesome new worship CD - Tomlin is definitely my favorite worship artist - I especially like the new twist on Amazing Grace.

Ciao.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Cody! Congratulations on winning the Coach of the Year award! Good job!
Have a great week! See ya around.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Cody and Rachel said...

thanks bro. definitely on the 'hi'.

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Someone out there (you) loves Good Monsters! Deadly stuff. :D

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick...CUTE HAIR!?!?! yeahhhhhh....cool blog codes. (giggle) i like it (giggle). PEACE :P

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home