Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Where My Mind Wanders

Everyone's mind is on something. Maybe it's something going on at the present moment; possibly something taking place tonight. It could be that special person you just can't stop thinking about; or someone who's being troubled with sickness or other ill situation in their life. Maybe it's a dream for the future, or a nudging from God. Here are some places that my mind has wandered to in the last while.

1) The EM Cup
Hopefully everyone knows what the EM Cup is. It is a hockey tournament for the EMC Conference, in which many churches from around Canada get together in Steinbach to "face-off" (sorry I had to) and play some puck. I get to play for my home church Rosenort EMC and it's going to be a blast. Make sure you make it to our first game at (I think) 5:30 on Friday, the 17th of November.

2) Cali 2006
Mr. Adam Kroeker, Ms. Kyrstle Eidse, Ms. Naomi Reimer and myself are planning a road trip set to begin December 16th, 2006 and end around the 23rd. We are heading down to California to see the sights, have a good time, and log some serious kilometers. My last exam is on the 15th and so I'm very glad to get away the next day and hopefully still be back for Christmas.

3) November 22 - On The Edge
I'm super excited about next Wednesday. Amos, the senior sponsors and myself are planning a praise and worship concert for youth from all over. We've invited 7 church youth groups and are looking forward to seeing God move as we worship Him and bask in His presence. I'm also excited that I get to play with a few of my fellow Chapel Band team-mates from Bethany!

4) Backpacking Asia
Come this next May, I'm planning on going backpacking with my incredible friend Luke Heidebrecht. Luke and I met while at Bethany and have been super close friends ever since (we're kinda crazy together). Luke is going to be doing an internship in Thailand from January to April, and then I'm going to meet him and we're going to travel through India (hopefully see and maybe even work at an orphanage in Calcutta), Nepal, China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand (it's all tentative). Obviously, I'm quite pumped. I will be probably gone for about 2 months.

5) Youth Missions Trip
It has been a dream of mine for the last year to take a group of youth from our church on a cross-cultural missions trip. I don't know where this little dream of mine will lead, but I know it's God planted. So... I pray that God will fertilize it and lead me to the right people to help get this trip in motion!

6) The Big One
God's will is all I really want in my life. Right now, I'm excited about the ministries God has placed me in. I've had such an incredible time working with the youth in our church and connecting with them on a personal level. It's neat to share not only my struggles with them, but also my passion for Christ. Also, God has gifted me with worship leading and this is something that I find tremendous joy in. To me, there's is nothing quite like leading God's people into His presence. The future? What really is guaranteed day to day? Not much. I choose to live for this day that God has placed me in, trying my best to serve him and grow. I know God has an awesome plan for me (wife, ministry, career, place to live, etc.) and I've come to a place in my life where I'm ready to GO wherever God wants to send me. If it means remaining here in Rosenort and serving the community and the church - SUPER! If it means becoming a long-term international missionary - GREAT!

So my friends, there you have it. A small glimpse into my mind and the things that are churning and brewing. If you have any comments/suggestions/ideas about anything I shared - I'd love to hear it!

Blessings,
your brother.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Cuz,

So good to hear what's been going on in your head as of late. Kenny and I miss you a ton. Sorry we didn't stop by to chat at the pastor appreciation potluck, we left before the open mic started.

We'd love to have you over one day soon, we'll give you a shout to work something out. Would love to see you in person and hear more about the sweetness going on right now. Score for California - I'm sure you'll have a blast.

It's a good thing you're not missing family gathering, the $10 Christmas exchange is too sweet to pass up.

Love Sabrina

9:01 AM  
Blogger carissa said...

wow, it's so cool to hear all the things your up to or thinking about these days! I am so jealous that your backpacking through Asia. You are going to have such a blast. Well I mean it probably won't be as good as New Zealand would have been but you'll still have fun;)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Glad to hear what's going on with you since we've been so busy to get together. I know Trev is excited about his lunch date with you tomorrow.
Have fun in California. We'll be praying for safe travels for you.
As for ministry and missions...yeah for that passion. Cody, I get excited every time I know you are leading worship in church. You are so giften and have really grown in that area. An older lady in our church told Trev she wants him to be pastor one day. Perhaps you'll be the main worhsip leader? Who knows, perhaps the dream of a cousin mission team will be fulfilled one day.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Codes, I'm not going to lie...I REALLY like..no no...I could definately put the word love in there...I REALLY love your lingering thoughts on mexico!!! Keep thinking about that! There's definately huge potential there and the possibility of perhaps taking a crew down is quite large at that.

Speaking of mexico, do you know when let's say your sitting down [compaired to standing of course] watching a movie and there's this really sad part and you try not to cry but everyone else is weeping all around you which makes you cry even more than you would normaly cry? Ever? No? Me neither. But that's how it is with you and I. Except we're not watching a movie we're going to CALIFORNIA and we're not weeping WE'RE TOTALLY PUMPED!!!!!! Your excitement adds to my excitement. That's all I was really trying to say.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home