Friday, June 15, 2007

My New Look

Ok, so I need your honest opinions. In an effort to look as ugly as possible, I have decided to attempt a horrible looking handlebar moustache. Please leave your ratings... suggestions... concerns.






Sooo... what do you think?





Sunset at Kanyakumari - at the southern most point of India.





A couple little friends from the old folks home ministry near Madurai (they are kids of the staff)...





Okay, some explanation required. I never thought that ever in my life, I would be involved in a interpretive dance competition. Well, it's true. These are most of the members from our 24-7 prayer room team, and we entered in a competition at a youth conference (it was actually a lot of fun) and won! Hehe... a video of the whole dance is on the way.





Okay, so here is my winning photo of the Taj.





Patricia and Marie-Eve from Montreal. They were part of the 24-7 prayer room team, and so as a band of new friends, we ventured to Agra together to see the Taj and other sights.





The boys posing in regular style.





Finally, a photo of some worship with the missionaries in Delhi. Luke and I had the opportunity to lead their house church sunday morning. I was blessed to lead worship and Luke shared a bible study. Oh, and I did a children's story - The boat story of mike, ike, and two other guys I couldn't remember - and made the missionaries act it out impromptu while I narrated. It was a riot!

So. I apologize for the lack of updates, but truthfully we've been on the move a lot since we got to India and lots has been happening. It's been incredible getting to know all the missionaries out here and they have blessed and encouraged us so much. God continues to teach and grow Luke and I immensely - especially in matters of prayer and love. I'll admit that it is difficult sometimes to love people who sometimes can be so rude and in-your-face, but it seems that truly humbling yourself sometimes and responding with grace instead of anger, always yields a favorable result. God is gracious with us also - I praise Him for that! He has provided us with so many new friends along the way, and we have been blessed to make connections with so many brothers and sisters.
We joined with the MBMSI team for a week to help them with a prayer room they were hosting at Storm; a youth conference for all of North India. It was an incredible experience, and we did lots of teaching and guiding in prayer. This was one of the more stretching experiences of the trip, as prayer has for a long time been a struggle of mine in my walk with Jesus. Once again, God was gracious to me and taught me so much. I had so many neat opportunities to speak into people's lives; opportunities that were totally orchestrated by the Spirit. Praise the Lord! People are hungry for truth - it's so exciting to see!
Anyways, tomorrow we head to Jamuna Nagar, about 6-7 hours north by car. We're heading up with Darren, one of the missionaries here. From there, we will head to Mussoorie in the Himalayas. It is a small city built up on the mountains. The temperature will be cooler there (although the heat wave in Delhi has ended - now we're down to high 30s - seems pretty comfortable actually) and so we will hopefully do some hiking and take in God's creation. We will be there for the week and then come back to Delhi in time for our flghts back to Thailand.
Thank you all so much for your prayers - they have been felt!!!! I give God all the glory for everything He is doing in India, with the missionaries, and with Luke and I as we continue our journey.
Praise the Lord!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jillayne said...

Glad to hear you are having such an amazing time! Nice picture of the Taj! (don't know how to spell the rest of it!)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Yay for updates and pictures. So exciting to see new posts. And the 'stache is dirty...both of yours actually - but you manage to pull them off quite well.

Looking forward to your return home and more stories of God's faithfulness.

S.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Pastor George said...

Cody,
Great to hear from you again. It sounds like you are having an amazing time. God bless!
George

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Codes, to be perfectly honest, if you still have that thing on your face when I come home, I won't be able to be friends with you. And I was not at all surprised by your achievements in the field of dance - I've always known that you were a ballerina at heart!
Trace

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh! I might just run the other direction if I see you! :)
Miss you at youth!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Cody and Rachel said...

Oh come on! Cut me a little slack! I definitely miss all you guys at youth too!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, it doesn't look tooo bad. The cap in your picture is really nice though.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Cody and Rachel said...

hehe, okay brown-noser.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm, i actually don't mind the mustachey thing. it kinda suits you. well, have fun this next week...cuz it's your last one out there, right? and God bless!
-christa

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home