Friday, May 04, 2007

Sawatdee!

Hey everyone! Well, I finally arrived in Thailand and things are going amazing! Definitely a lot of adjustments - food, temperature, language - but it has been a lot of fun so far! My flights were more/less long but actually pretty good. I got to talk to some pretty neat people which made it more interesting. I don't have any pics yet because I'm at an internet cafe away from the guesthouse and I don't have my camera cable. Anyways, right now Luke and I are in Bangkok, staying at an Alliance Guesthouse. Very nice people. It's only been a couple of days but we've managed to see quite a bit already... Bangkok is a crazy crazy city - with so many people (6 million - 14 million with surrounding "suburb" areas) and so much to do. It really is a city that never sleeps. Right this moment, I'm sitting in an internet cafe on khaw shon road - a road which is pretty much a backpackers hub - with hostiles, shops, restaurants and lots of foreigners. We'll probably stay in Bangkok a couple more days - and then head up to Pua in the north. Anyways, just wanted to update you all a little bit because I'm sure you've been checking. We're going to grab some grub (which is all amazing).
Sawatdee Krap!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

So glad to hear you've made it safe and sound. It's just the beginning of quite the adventure! Can't wait to read more about it.

-Sabrina

8:12 AM  
Blogger Pastor George said...

Cody,
Glad you made it safely. I can only imagine what it must be like to be suddenly dropped in a foreign culture and adapt to all the changes. It is raining here which is a good thing since a lot of farmers were looking for rain, having finished a lot of seeding.
George

3:33 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Glad you made it, Codes!
Have fun discovering this new world with Luke!!
I'll mention your post at youth tonite as I'm sure some of them will be wondering how it's going so far for you. :D
God bless!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Hey Cody yo mama came over today and she was crying her eyes out missing you and wants you to come home. Well actually she just came over to see Isaiah. I think he has replaced you :) Anyways make sure to take more mental snapshots than digital ones. Soak up the sights and especially the smells! Can't wait to grab a coffee and listen for a few hours when you get back. Have a blast!

Trevor & Rebekah

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cody. Glad to hear that you have made it safe overseas! Im sure you will cherish all the new memories that will soon be upon you. Enjoy every minute of it!! Travel safe!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home