Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Old Man Winter Kicks Again

Well folks, it's finally time to resurrect this blog. It's been nearly a month and a half without any posts - and so I decided to a least jot down some thoughts and things going on in my life.

March was it's usual tease of weather - I enjoyed it more however this year because of working construction. Todd and myself began coaching spring volleyball. It's going to a short but very sweet season. There are 9 guys on the team in Grades 9 & 10... we're called - wait for it - "Retro Volleyball"... here's our jersey:


Fairly unique I'd say! The guys thought that Retro sounded pretty cool so we went with it and made the jerseys funky...

I can't deny the fact that I leave in exactly 4 weeks for Thailand... wow! Lots to do though before I can leave without leaving too much behind! On the 18th and 20th I have my last final exams of the year... it will be nice to be done! Unfortunately I have to miss the vball provincials on May 4-5th, but I think I will get over it considering where I will be. Just so you know, I leave on the 1st of May and Return on the 5th of July. Luke will be picking me up at the airport in Bangkok - praise God! Otherwise I would have had to face Bangkok culture shock at 11:30 pm on my own - but thankfully Luke will be there to welcome me. All these things aside - I am extremely pumped for going and seeing the amazing things God is going to show me and Luke along the way!

An so the snow comes again... but I'll admit - God has showed His beauty to me very clearly even though my tendency was to complain about the cold... I was working in Kenora this week renovating a cottage and even though roads were a little slippery, the scenery was gorgeous:

















Signs of spring







So even in the sometimes frustrating transition time between winter to spring, God shows his beauty.

Obviously this weekend is Easter. I don't know if I've before in my life actually tried to prepare for Easter - I mean - it's only really one of the most pivotal events in our lives... As I was sitting in church the other day, God laid on my heart Isaiah 53. And so I rebelled and pulled my attention away from the sermon, and quietly read this particular chapter. It seems that God had in mind to make this easter a little more meaningful for me as well. Let's not forget how incredibly HUGE this weekend is. Let's not harden our hearts to the Spirit's movement. Rather, let the enormity, the beauty, the Sacrifice, the turning point - hit us; let Jesus touch you. Even though it's hard in the midst of good things like gatherings, food, fellowship - we need to remember Christ's sacrifice - something we take for granted so often.

Isaiah 53: 11 says: "As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities."

Isn't life exciting? Not only do we have the hope of eternal life, but we can live today in freedom because of what Christ did for us!

I consider this blog... resurrected.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke Heidebrecht said...

Dang, I've been checking everyday, and the faithfulness paid off!

So one obvious response. It's been 40 degrees here for the past week... dang it's hot, and I've gotten ridiculous enough to wear pants a couple days! (seriously I'm bored of shorts if that is possible). Just something for you to look forward to. Kind of sped up spring thaw.

Thanks for the thoughts about easter too, I've even lost track of what day it is... looking forward to seeing you man, I still remember the first time stepping out of the airport in Bangkok, the heat is like a freaking wall. Maybe I'll freak you out and wear pants and a jacket.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm glad you will blog a little more. This way we can keep updated on your trip and pray for you as God leads you two across many different countries and cultures.
Oh I'm excited that you are leading worship on Sunday! Seems we've missed the last few times you've lead.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Awesome winter pics, Codes!!
God bless!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home