Monday, April 09, 2007

Knowing What's Best

Kudos to my Dad for inspiring this post.

Christ sacrificed His life for us. We now owe him everything in return for the sacrifice He made for us - our whole lives surrendered to Him.

I've been thinking and praying a lot about God's calling in my life lately, and it occurs to me that I have a lot of shortcomings when it comes to my response. Say God would call me to something that seemed totally absurd - it would be such a natural reaction to use human logic and "reality" to create doubt. Sometimes I'm astonished at how I doubt God. He has proven his Awesomeness to me again and again and to think that I still consider my petty wisdom and judgment superior to God's?

If I wanted to live life for Christ fully, I would throw myself with all the energy I can muster in the direction God is calling me. It shouldn't matter what anybody thinks, what 'reason' tells me, what other people are doing - God knows best - and works things for His glory.

I can only conclude that I live because Christ has given me life. This life I've been given is a gift - and now it's my choice whether to live a regular mediocre life here on earth, or pursue God with all that I am - knowing and trusting (tough one sometimes) that He's completely in control.

I owe it to Him.

-- 22 days till I leave --

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cody Reimer! Long time no talk! So I heard through the grapevine (Paul) that you're backpacking South East Asia this May and June. Funny story. So am I! I'd love to hear about your plans / itinerary, etc. How fun would it be to have a Reimer family reunion on the other side of the world?!
Email me at hjreimer@hotmail.com

Jolene Reimer

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke here, didn't sign in sorry. 21 days on this side. Jing jing!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Cody you have the right attitude and with that God will use you. We are so proud of the way you have grown and allowed God to use you and your gifts in the last year or so. Keep serving Him and allowing Him to use you.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cody Jer here. Man its been a long time! So sorry I missed your call. I realize that was a while back. When you phoned I was actually getting ready to leave for Minneapolis. I left early the next morning and forgot to phone you back. I didn't even bring my cell phone along so I don't have your number. Sorry about that. I'm out here working for a number of weeks. I'm scheduled to be back on the 20th of April so I'm hoping for that. We should definitely get together though and catch up. Its been way to long. Anyway hope to talk to you soon. Jer.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home