Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let's Try This Again

I figured it was finally time to put down some thoughts. Who knows if anybody even checks this thing any more. But for you faithful bloggers, I will attempt to re-resurrect the glimpse and see what happens.
The Spirit of God. Has anybody heard the song 'Vision of You' by Shane and Shane? Probably my favorite song right now: it basically talks about inviting the Spirit to come and fill this earthly container (thanks Aunt Audrey) and letting Him be the focus. The song moves me every time I listen to it. By the way, if you haven't picked up the album Pages by Shane & Shane, you have some shopping to do. Anyway, I've been in this intense learning curve as of late as God prods me telling me that He wants more of me. Well, I don't know about you, but sacrificing more of me has always been a huge struggle of mine. It is so easy to grab life by the horns (which is what the world tries to convince us to do) and live it for ourselves with our own agenda. My good buddy Luke Heidebrecht and I were talking on the phone a week ago, an he mentioned that if our goal on earth is to serve and glorify God, why would we want to do anything else? Living our lives for ourself seems to always end with a need that cannot be filled. And then we go on trying to fill these needs that can't be filled. I can't count the times that I've had to relearn trust. Why can't I regularly trust God with my life? I think it might have something to do with pride. Pride is all about ME. It's totally counter-sacrifice and it continually pulls me away from seeking God's will in the fullest. Praise Jesus that He has never and will never give up on me. He keeps tugging at my sleeve, beckoning me.
The last few weeks have been quite the "wrestle match" with God. I've been trying to listen more for God's voice instead of filling the silence with my own words, and it seems that God has been waiting and anticipating this change in conversation for a while. It's amazing how God has the right words for our lives if only we will listen with our hearts.
Back to the Spirit of God.
I desperately need the Spirit to fill and work in me. I desire my vision to be centered on Jesus. Even though you're here, Jesus come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastor George said...

Cody,
I am reading and enjoy it. Keep on, but remember that you do not have to build your own spiritual progress, only obey God's leading. Rest in Him and watch Him work.
George.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Cody! it's been a while since you posted... but your words still had an impact when i read them just now. I'm encouraged. thank you.
janell
ps- it was good seeing you this weekend!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home